The Short Cut Ones:
I've done these first mainly because L comes before N alphabetically so...
|The End Result|
|One on their own|
- 500g Puff pastry pack (all butter puff pastry if possible)
- 9 tbsp Mincemeat
- 1tbsp Port
- 2 drops of Vanilla extract
- A pinch/around a tsp of Orange zest
- Some Icing sugar for dusting the pastry and for the end
- 1 Beaten egg
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup (warmed)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line 2 baking trays with non stick baking parchment. Roll the puff pastry out onto a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar into a large square. .
- Cut into 10cm squares using a sharp knife/pizza cutter. Cut about 3cm into each corner. Once you have done this. After this, mix the mincemeat with the port, orange zest and two drops of vanilla extract. Drop a tablespoon of the mincemeat into the middle of each square.
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg then fold one corner into the centre letting a little overlap happen. Repeat with the other corners to make a windmill shape.
- With the remaining offcuts of pastry, make little stars and stick them on top of each pastry with a little bit of beaten egg that's left over.
- Dust quite well with icing sugar and bake for around 12-15 minutes (or 'golden brown'.) Cool Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Brush with maple syrup and serve!
The Homemade One:
These are definitely vegetarian suitable:
For The Pastry: